Welcome to M.V. Beattie Elementary School, located in beautiful Enderby, British Columbia, “The Top Of The Okanagan”.
M.V. Beattie Elementary serves 290 students, from kindergarten through sixth grade. As one of the neighbourhood public schools, we are committed to delivering quality education to all students enrolled in our school. In order to meet the diverse academic and emotional needs of our students, we have developed quality programs, together with our student-centered staff that actively seeks to improve their practices through professional development and collaborative planning. Our school strives to meet the individual needs of each student by focusing on differentiated instruction. We desire to build a strong school community through a focus on social responsibility, encouraging respect of self, others and property and by working in partnership with our parents.
At M.V. Beattie we encourage students to become the person they strive to be by focusing on our “CAT” values: Being Creative, Academic, and Thoughtful.
MV Beattie CATS “ROAR” : Respect + Ownership + Actions = Positive Relationships.
Areas of pride at M.V. Beattie:
- Strong Indigenous Support
- Professional, caring and hard working staff
- Supportive parents/caregivers
- Respectful and dedicated students who work toward their personal best
- Strong sense of community
- Daily movement and brain breaks
- Energy efficient beautiful school
- Inclusion of special needs students
- A strong focus on music education
- Strong committed Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
- Focus on Restitution
- Promoting Social Responsibility and Student Leadership
- Annual Me to We field trips to We Day
- Strong Start School
- One to One Reading Volunteers
- Mountain Winter Recreation for all grade 5 and 6 students
- Swimming lessons for all students
- Inclusive Support Program
- A dedicated Literacy Intervention program and teacher
Mr. D. Cumming, February 2018